Every innovator fears that others will copy his/her new product, method or service before the innovator can fully exploit the results of his/her many years of hard development work.
Tyler & Co. understands the challenges facing innovators and takes a proactive approach to assisting you protect your inventions in commercially practical ways. For example, we can:
- Advise on and implement ways to legally protect ownership of your product, method or service both in Australia and overseas;
- Advise generally on alternative ways to commercialise your new ideas; and
- Draft documents to protect your rights when dealing with development collaborators, manufacturers, licensees, end users and others;
Intellectual property (e.g., copyright materials and other types of property mentioned above) is assuming ever-increasing importance as a valuable business asset throughout the world. Protecting your intellectual property against unauthorised use by others, so that you alone benefit from its exploitation, is just as important.
Tyler & Co. takes a proactive approach to assisting you protect your intellectual property in commercially practical ways. For example, we can:
- Advise on and check the correct identification of your intellectual property;
- Advise on and implement ways to legally protect ownership of your intellectual property both in Australia and overseas; and
- Draft documents to protect your rights when dealing with your collaborators, licensees, end users and others.
Imagine building up your business over many years and then, because of a business transaction gone wrong, not only losing your business but also being bankrupted and losing your house and all your personal assets. It can and does happen. However, it does not need to. With careful planning, such disastrous consequences can be avoided.
Tyler & Co can:
- Help you identify risks to your business and personal assets;
- Advise you on ways to structure the ownership of your business and personal assets, so as to protect them from your business creditors; and
- Implement the solutions, so as to give you peace of mind and let you get on with business.