Leases of commercial premises are usually major, long term commitments for both the landlord and the tenant. Therefore any errors can have very serious cumulative consequences for the disadvantaged party. (There are few ‘standard’ commercial leases in common use and, even when one is used, it may be incorrectly completed or even modified, leading to similar consequences.)
Tyler & Co uses its long experience of advising businesses to negotiate pragmatic commercial lease terms. We can:
- Advise you at the negotiation stage, to help you make the best leasing deal;
- Ensure that the lease terms properly reflect the commercial terms agreed, so as to avoid future disputes; and
- Help you resolve any problems that arise during the term of the lease.
Licensing intellectual property – copyrights (incl. software), patents, designs, trade marks, trade secrets
Your intellectual property (e.g., copyright materials and other types of property mentioned above) may be one of your most valuable business assets. Similarly, others’ intellectual property which you are licensed to use is very valuable to them and you need to be sure that you have sufficient rights to use it. Consequently, it is of utmost importance that each party’s rights are clearly defined, so as to avoid future disputes over the way that the intellectual property is used.
Tyler & Co uses its long experience of advising businesses to negotiate pragmatic intellectual property licence terms. We can:
- Advise you at the negotiation stage, to help you make the best licensing deal;
- Ensure that the licence terms properly reflect the commercial terms agreed and contain all appropriate protections, so as to avoid future disputes; and
- Help you resolve any problems that arise during the term of the licence.
Clear written terms of trade are the best way to avoid disputes in business. If you are the equipment owner, then your hiring/lease agreement needs to be tailored to the particular way that you operate. If you are the equipment hirer/lessee, then it is important to have the hiring/lease agreement reviewed carefully, to ensure that it contains no hidden surprises.
Tyler & Co can assist you avoid problems by:
- Drafting your hiring/lease agreement terms to comply with the law and not be misunderstood;
- Review an owner’s hiring/lease agreement to ensure that it does not contain unexpected or unacceptable terms; and
- Help you resolve any problems that arise during the term of the hiring/lease agreement.